Frequently Asked Questions:
You can contact us at email@example.com. However you may find the answers to your questions in the responses below:
Question 1: What is your cancellation and refund policy for workshops?
- Cancellation Policy: If ST-GB receives notification of a cancellation eight weeks or more before a workshop begins this will incur a £30 administration charge; receipt of cancellation four to eight weeks before the start of a workshop will incur a charge of 50% of the workshop fee. If fewer than four weeks’ notice is given the individual or funding organisation is liable for the full fee irrespective of the reason for which the individual is unable to attend.
- *Note that we are unable to secure a place for you until full payment is received.
In exceptional circumstances we may at our discretion permit workshop participants to defer their place at a workshop to a future workshop. As deferment incurs additional expenses (e.g. pre-ordered refreshments and handout for both the originally booked and the later workshop) we would charge an additional fee of £30 to cover these costs. If the fee for the workshop that is attended is higher than the one originally booked we will also charge the difference.
Question 2: Will I have to pay extra for supervision, tape ratings, etc if I have enrolled on one of your certification programs?
For advanced accreditation the course includes 4 tape ratings by your supervisor, for standard it includes 2 tape ratings. External ratings are typically £100 - £160 per session. If you wish to have more tapes rated, they also cost £100. Session ratings include written or verbal feedback and completion of the Schema Therapy Competency Scale.
Question 3: I am completing an individual workshop with you. If I enjoy the program is there an opportunity to upgrade to certification?
Answer: Yes, If you have completed workshops with Schema Therapy GB then arrangements can be made to upgrade to certification provided there are spaces available in Workshops 1 & 2.
Question 4: Are there any minimum requirements for applications for accreditation/certification?
Answer - Applicants should hold a postgraduate level degree related to mental health. In addition, applicants should have access to working with clients with symptoms consistent with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) for a minimum of 25 sessions. For the advanced certification, practitioners must also have the capacity to work with another personality disorder other than BPD. You also need to hold master's level training in a mental health field.
Question 5: Regarding payment for certification, can I spread out my payments over the training period?
Answer - Yes you can. We generally advise that you pay for the workshops separately, and then negotiate with your supervisor to pay for supervision sessions in chunks of 10-20 sessions.
Question 6: I have already attended some training in schema therapy. Can this be taken into account as having fulfilled part of the requirements toward certification on your program?
Answer: We are able to build upon training that you have received elsewhere, but unfortunately are not able to incorporate these into our own certification program. Our series of workshops (combined with the accompanying supervision and session ratings) on our certification program have been structured to fulfill the criteria as laid down by the International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST). Our programs have to be submitted to the ISST for scrutiny before being validated.
As a participant in any of the Schema Therapy Training Certification Program you would be ensured that you receive the required training, supervision, and ratings of recordings of your sessions (another ISST requirement) that would lead to certification, provided you reach the required standard. All minimum requirements for certification would be provided.
An alternative route to certification would be to independently meet the training, supervision, and skill requirements outlined by the ISST and present your case to the ISST independently. In this case, you would be responsible for presenting your own training and supervision experience to the ISST for ratification. Schema Therapy GB can provide supervision and other requirements needed. To ascertain the basic training requirements please see the International Society of Schema Therapy Website http://www.isst-online.com/training
Question 7: What are your payment methods?
- Payments can be made by:
- Direct Transfer (we will send information upon receipt of application)
- Invoice : (Please provide details in the payment section of the online application form)
- Billing Contact person
- Address & postcode
- Purchase order number
- Is receipt required? Y/N
Question 8: What reading would be helpful as a part of learning about schema therapy?
The required books are
(1) Young, J.E., Klosko, J.S. & Weishaar, M.E. (2003). Schema Therapy - A Practitioner’s Guide. London: Guilford Press.
2) Arntz, A. & Jacob, G. (2012) Schema Therapy in Practice: An Introductory Guide to the Schema Mode Approach.New York, Wiley.
(3) Young, J.E. & Klosko, J.S. (1993). Reinventing Your Life. New York: Plume.
(4) Arntz, A. & Van Genderen, H. (2009). Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
(5) Rafaeli, E., Bernstein, D. & Young, J, (2010). Schema Therapy (CBT Distinctive Features), New York, Routledge.